Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Luke & Ellie!



Happy 4th Birthday Luke & Ellie! I can't believe when you were born you weighed four pounds and now you are four years old! Time flies! I am so grateful for you two miracles. You bring so much energy, joy, silliness and excitement into our home.





Ellie, I love your little sing-song voice. I love your smile. I love that you are ALL GIRL, all on your own. I love that you are growing and getting more independent everyday. I love what a good sister you are to your brothers. I know you will always take care of them. I love how you memorize words to books and songs. I love how you always want a kiss and a hug before you or I go anywhere. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you.





Luke, I love your big brown eyes. I love your amazing imagination. I love that you want to play all day, and that you include me in your play. I love that you are always concerned about Ellie and her feelings. I love that you are thougtful about the needs of others. I love that you ask questions that challenge me. I love that you are a sweet, sensitive boy. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you.


Here are some pictures from Luke and Ellie's Birthday party last Saturday. We hired a magician who was great! He had some amazing tricks, brought a live bunny and had Luke and Ellie help with some of the tricks. He gave them their own magic wands as well. The kids LOVED it! We had almost all of our cousins there (Baby Owen is only six weeks old and Lily lives in Maryland) and some of our best buddies from the neighborhood. Thanks everybody for coming and for all of the nice gifts.


Here are Luke and Ellie getting ready to help Mont Magic.

Here are most of the kids watching the magic show.

This is the amazing birthday cake! The picture doesn't do it justice! I almost started to cry when I picked it up I thought it was so cute!

Luke and Ellie, I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be your mom. You are both so amazing and unique. I am so grateful for you and love you more than you will ever know. Happy Birthday!





7 comments:

Kayleen England said...

Lizzy,
That is so cute. I can't believe how much they've grown. It is crazy to look back at those pictures from when they were born. You are such a great mom and you have wonderful kids to prove it.

Love you guys!!

Heidelweiss said...

So cute. I cried justalittlebit whilst reading this. I can't believe these babies are all getting so big.

brooke said...

I almost cried too. I can't believe those darling babies are 4. The cake is out of this world.

Unknown said...

My how time flies! I looked at those little preemies and got very emotional...I'm so grateful for them and you Liz, and Josh for being such wonderful parents. Just look at them! They are so bright, curious and adorable ... I love them, love them, love, them....Grandma Suzi

Jill T said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun idea to have a magician...

Stefanie said...

I love the post- i'm sorry i have been mia and didn't rsvp. We would have LOVED to come but we were driving in the blizzard to pick Erica up from the airport. Long story. Anyway, the pictures are adorable. I remember when they were born and I can't believe time has flown by so quickly- they are adorable and true miracles. We are so happy for you all :)

whit said...

Looking at those newborn pictures reminded me of their eye covers with the huge eyes drawn on the outside, remember? Happy Birthday kiddos!