Today our little Parker had surgery. Nothing major, but a first for us. He had tubes put in his ears and an adenoidectomy. All in all, he handled things really well. He is a pretty tough kid. I was a mess as they took him down the hall to the operating room, but luckily it was a quick surgery and we got to see him within 30 minutes. Even though this was a minor surgery, it was still pretty scary for me. I want all of you parents who have had to go through major operations and procedures with your kids to know how much I admire your strength and courage. You are amazing people.

Here is a picture of the little guy before his surgery. Don't you just love the hospital jammies?
4 comments:
Oh, that would be so scary... I'm glad you all survived it. I hope he gets feeling better.
Oh! I'm so sad for Parker. I totally forgot that his surgery was yesterday and only remembered when I saw Becca at Little Gym. I hope he is okay. I've been missing your posts-soooo cute. I love Luke's list, v. sweet. He's such a cute little bug. Will met another woman this week in California (our friends' daughter) but he told us he loves Ellie more. Phew!
As bad as the tube surgery day is, you're going to LOVE being out of the ear infection cycle :) Piper had tubes over a year ago and she hasn't had an infection since (she was getting them every two weeks before!). The surgery day was bad (she was so mad at me after the surgery that she would only let Carter hold her), but not dealing with antibiotics, doctors appointments, and a grumpy/hurting toddler is WORTH IT!
Congrats on surviving it :) I hope Parker is feeing better!
Those pajama's. I always bring my own and insist Jack wears his cause it "makes him more comfortable.."
I am glad Parker survived the visit and he will feel SO much better now. Yay for the relief of EVERYONE!
Post a Comment