Tonight while waiting for Josh to get home from work, Luke and Ellie came to me with a question. Luke asked, "Mom, can I marry Ellie?" Of course, I said no and explained that brothers and sisters can't get married. Then, Ellie asked, "Mom, when I marry Will (her and Luke's best buddy and Ellie's bethrothed) can Luke still live with me?" When I told her that when you get married, you live with your husband and not your brother anymore, she got the saddest look on her face. She said, "But I need him and I will miss him." It just about broke my heart! I told her that she and Luke could live in houses right next door to each other and that even though they may not live in the same house forever, they could be best friends forever. I hope they always stay this close. Twins are the best!
Luke and Ellie at one year old
Luke and Ellie at 2 years old
Luke and Ellie at 2 1/2 years old

Luke and Ellie at 4 years old
Ellie and her future husband, Will
(Heidi, I can't believe this is the only picture I have of the two of them together! You must send me some of yours!)
5 comments:
They are the cutest little friends. There is nothing better than seeing your kids love and enjoy each other. I must have just killed my mother because me and Rex fought all the time. My favorite is the photo of the twins at 6 months!
These are the cutest pictures! I'm glad you are keeping a record of these sweet things that they say and do - because then, when they act like little beasts, you can go back and remember how sweet they truly are! Love these kids!
I love that story so much. Mostly I love the, "Hey, mom says I can't marry you...". Will and Ellie will be the cutest couple ;).
That is so cute. I can't believe how chubby they were. It's crazy how you forget until you look back at pictures. Maybe you should take Will and Ellie to kiddie kandids and get their future wedding couple pics done.
Very cute. Yes, twins are lucky I think!
Post a Comment