We had a great family vacation to California with Josh's family! Once again, we went to Disneyland. The weather was perfect, but the crowds were insane! I don't think I will ever go to Disneyland in the summer again. We did go to breakfast with Minnie Mouse and several other Disney characters which was so much fun and the food was great!
The whole time we were there, the weather was overcast and about 75 degrees. It didn't make for great beach weather but we went anyway. Despite the cold, we had a lot of fun. The waves were huge! 


Our kids had so much fun playing with their cousins and we had a great time going out as couples, playing games and eating good food.
We did have one major mishap on the last day of our trip. Poor little Ellie had an outdoor table fall over on her foot. It completely took her toenail off and sliced her big toe pretty bad. Josh and I rushed her to the ER. After waiting for about a half hour, we got back to see the doctor. He told us she would need stitches and would need a block (shot) put in her toe so she wouldn't feel the pain. Josh and his Dad gave her a blessing. When they were finished, she opened her eyes and was crying. She told us that she was crying because she was happy. She said she felt the Holy Ghost helping her. She is such an amazing little girl. When it was time for the block, I left the room because I didn't want to watch her screaming in pain. She was SO BRAVE. She didn't even cry. The doctor and nurses were so wonderful with her. They sang songs with her and counted to help take her mind off of things. They gave her a teddy bear and some stickers to help her feel better. The doctor told me she was the bravest child patient he has ever had. Her stitches are out now and she is feeling so much better! It will take about 6 months for her toenail to grow back. I'm just so glad this happened at the end of the trip so that she was able to enjoy our vacation!
Here is a picture of Ellie at the ER with her bear. Can you believe she is smiling? What a trooper!

5 comments:
First of all, Poor Ellie- hospitals are no fun.
Secondly, that Fairy Godmother is UNCANNY!! Holy cow!
I had a toeblock thing. I don't think I was as brave.
Darling pictures from Disneyland. At least the weather was nice!
Ellie is such a special adorable girl. That picture of her and her bear in the hospital is priceless.
Oh my word. I love her!
Way to go Ellie! Brave girl.
Post a Comment