Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mom and Sisters



"Someone once said that if you are a parent, your job is to work just as hard as you can for many years toward the goal of putting yourself out of a job. There is some truth to this notion, though it is also true that anyone who has ever been a parent will always be one, just as anyone who was ever born will always be someone's daughter or son, someone's sister or brother, someone's grandchild, cousin, nephew, niece. We owe our very existence to a web of close family relationships, and we live within them whether we choose to acknowledge this or not. We are connected to one another from birth to death as inevitably as any flock of birds."


Reeve Lindbergh

I love this quote. How true it is! How grateful I am for my family. My two older sisters and I all moved into new homes within about a year of each other. Unfortunately, I moved to South Jordan and they moved to Davis County! This means we don't see each other as often as we would like. So, we have decided to get together once a month (we hope!) to catch up! This month, we went to dinner at The Dodo and shopping at The Gateway. It was so much fun to be together and just relax and have a good time! Our younger sister, Amy lives in Maryland. She has been there for almost five years, and I miss her so much! I wish we could fly her into town to join us.


I also have a wonderful mother-in-law and sisters-in-law! All but one of us live here in Utah (we miss you, Erica!) and we love to get together when we can. We went to the American Idol concert earlier this year, and last week, we went to the So You Think You Can Dance concert. It was incredible. I just LOVE this show! I wish it was on all year long! It was so fun to share this night with my sister Sara, my mother-in-law, Jani, sisters-in-law, Becca and Kayleen and Kayleen's sister, Vanessa.


I have such amazing moms and sisters and I love you all so much!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Ohh I am SO jealous. So You Think You Can Dance!! I hope I can make it to my concert here in Baltimore - I'm so glad it was such a blast and soon enough I will be in Utah FOREVER!! Hooraayy!!

Lisa Marie Trent said...

cute post...really. But Sara's BANGS are SO CUTE!!!

Amy M. said...

I wish we would have seen you guys there! That was so fun and so good! I heart that show!