Friday, September 12, 2008

What A Week!

This has been a crazy week for me. Josh has been out of town since Tuesday and our kids have taken turns with the stomach flu all week. Fun for me, I know. I was actually pretty proud of myself. I made it through the whole week and only cried once!
You realize when your kids are sick how much they really do need you. Not only do they need you to clean up after them, but they need you to comfort them and make them feel safe and secure. I love these little ones so much! Sometimes being a mom is so overwhelming and crazy that I don't stop to look at these precious little souls I have been entrusted to raise. I hope I'm doing an o.k. job and I won't screw them up too much!
Here is a really cute comment that Luke made today. I asked Ellie if her tummy was still feeling sad (relating to her having the stomach flu). Luke looked at me and said, "Mom, is throwing up how your stomach cries?" Too cute!

3 comments:

Amy M. said...

the stomach flu is the worst. fun that you got to deal with it sans husband.
when everyone is better, please let's get together. your kids can come over and play.

Jennifer said...

I must admit that I found your blog about a month ago and have been stalking you ever since...
I hope that your kids are feeling better- the stomach flu stinks and being a single mommy for the week stinks. The two together REALLY STINKS!

Erica said...

Ohh poor little guys! Seriously, Luke is just too cute. TJ LOVED that quote!